Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Challenge: Stamping Over a Nude Base

Hello dear readers!

Last Sunday's challenge on FB group Adventures in Stamping was to do some stamping nail art on a nude base. I find this group very fun because it stimulates my creativity when I have no inspiration.

Well, here's what I came up with:
More details below....

The base color for this nail art was Palm Springs by American Apparel. Then I did some sponging using other lighter and darker nude tones to give more dimension to the background of my design.

For stamping polishes, I used:
-Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Mint Sprint (leaves and foliage)
-Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Presto Pink (Flowers)
-Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Snappy Sorbet (Flowers on thumb)
-Pop Beauty - Thirty Seven Foggy (Light grey foliage)
-Nabi - Black (Feathers)
For designs, I used:
-XL R plate (Bird on thumb, flowers, big feathers)
-XL F plate (Small flowers, leaves on thumb)
-XL M plate (Big flowers and foliage on ring finger)
-QA23 (Vines on thumb and pinkie)
-A49 (Flowers and leaves on  index)
-m77 (Small feathers and flowers on pinkie)


Here's a detailed picture of what I did on my thumbnail using the stamping decal technique
*I will do a tutorial on this next week

 What do you think of this nail art?
Stay tuned for my tutorial on how to do a nail decal using a stamping design next Monday ;)

♥♥Thank you so much for reading♥♥

opi nail color,nail polish colors,opi nail polish colors,opi nail colors,shellac nail colors,shellac nail colors,summer nail color,popular nail polish colors, fall nail colors,popular nail color,nails color,gel nail colors,winter nail colors,nails colors opi nail color,nail polish colors,opi nail polish colors,opi nail colors,shellac nail colors,shellac nail colors,summer nail color,popular nail polish colors, fall nail colors,popular nail color,nails color,gel nail colors,winter nail colors,nails colors