Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Accidents happen...

After a few months keeping my nail length intact, this was an accident waiting to happen...

For those interested, I'll tell you what happened:

I was trying on some skinny jeans in the dressing room of  Forever 21. I had not difficulty putting them on or closing the button. (With this length, I guess it's must be hard for you to imagine how I do small stuff like this).

Everything was normal, the jeans fit me nicely and I was ready to take off the last one, but I guess the leg of the jean was way too tight. I had some difficulty taking it off, so I used my left hand to try to get it off my foot and then my thumb slipped and then... crack! That's the sound I heard while I felt this acute pain coming from my nail bed. When I looked, my left thumb nail was bleeding (more blood than in this pic, believe me). The crack you see is on both sides of the nail with only .5cm in the middle holding my nail together.

I completed my purchase and went straight home to fix this mess... I had to put on acetone (ouch!) to remove nail polish and then cut my nail...not completely, I still can fix this split with resin and silk wrap until it grows out my nail bed. I cut my nails half length of what they were and that's it.

So, yeah... that's what can happen when you have long nails, you can injure yourself when you least expect it. This hurt so much but I handled it nicely, my bf was so surprised I wasn't crying.

I'll show you my new nail length next time ;)

Have you had an accident like this while trying to grow your nails long?

♥♥Thank you for reading♥♥
opi nail color,nail polish colors,opi nail polish colors,opi nail colors,shellac nail colors,shellac nail colors,summer nail color,popular nail polish colors, fall nail colors,popular nail color,nails color,gel nail colors,winter nail colors,nails colors opi nail color,nail polish colors,opi nail polish colors,opi nail colors,shellac nail colors,shellac nail colors,summer nail color,popular nail polish colors, fall nail colors,popular nail color,nails color,gel nail colors,winter nail colors,nails colors