Tuesday, August 6, 2013

OPI San Francisco Mini Set Swatches

In this post I want to share with you my swatches of the OPI San Francisco mini set.
My overall impression with this set was good, I liked the colors it included and the formula of most polishes was very good and easy to work with, despite the small brushes of the mini bottles.
I hope you will like these swatches and find this post useful in case you haven't decided yet which colors are your favorite from this collection.


Peace & Love & OPI - Silver based duo chrome with purple and green range / 2 coats, no top coat.
This is one of the colors that I was most curious about in this collection, and I was happy to see it was included in the mini set. The colors is quite interesting, and in first glance it reminded me of a previous polish by OPI from the Katy Perry collection - Not Like The Movies.
I was surprised to find that I only needed two coats for a full coverage, and the formula was really nice to work with. The purple-green duo chrome effect was pretty in the shade, but not as interesting in the sun light. Overall it's a pretty color but I wish the duo chrome effect was stronger, I think it would have been much prettier this way.

Shade

Direct Sunlight

In the cable car-pool lane - Plum / Berry creme-jelly / 2 coats, no top coat.
I really loved this color in the bottle but as for the formula, not so much. I applied two coats, and they were a bit streaky for a creme-jelly formula. The final look isn't that great with just two coats. It did look ok in the shade but you can see the semi-bald spots in the photo I took in the sun.


Muir Muir On The Wall - Dark plum with gold and red shimmer / 2 coats, no top coat.
This one is also quite interesting and I liked it's color and the formula. The shimmery finish was pretty both in the sun and in the shade, so I was very pleased with it. I found it to be a bit sheer on the first coat but the second coat gave a great coverage.


First date at the Golden Gate - Classy red creme-jelly / 2 coats, no top coat.
I have to admit I wasn't sure about this color at first, because I don't really like orange tinted reds, but I came to love this color thanks to the great formula.
I would say it's formula is much better than the one In the cable car-pool lane has, which is quite surprising since they are both creme-jelly type from the same collection.
I think this color is very flattering ind classic, so I just might change my mind about these orange-tinted reds ;) 

opi nail color,nail polish colors,opi nail polish colors,opi nail colors,shellac nail colors,shellac nail colors,summer nail color,popular nail polish colors, fall nail colors,popular nail color,nails color,gel nail colors,winter nail colors,nails colors opi nail color,nail polish colors,opi nail polish colors,opi nail colors,shellac nail colors,shellac nail colors,summer nail color,popular nail polish colors, fall nail colors,popular nail color,nails color,gel nail colors,winter nail colors,nails colors